A few weeks back I revealed 10 Amazing Ways to Procrastinate Like A Champion Composer. This new list is full of some things that have actually helped me get things done. (Not just applicable to composers.) Here goes…
1) Write every day at a regular time. This will become a habit.
2) Get up early.
4) Listen to good music.
5) Go out and DO other things, too.
6) Talk to other humans.
7) Don’t analyze your own work every day. Sometimes navel gazing is no good. Choose between writing and editing.
8) Set a deadline.
9) Did I mention, write every day?
10) Standing on your head to force the ideas into the brain might work. Failing that, be consistent. Write every day.